Note: GW has implemented a 180-day storage limit for Blackboard Collaborate, Webex, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom cloud recording storage on January 1, 2023. For more information on the transition and ways to back up your recordings, visit our FAQ.
Cisco Webex is a versatile and accessible solution for virtual communication and collaboration. It serves as a comprehensive web conferencing platform, enabling virtual classrooms, online lectures, group projects, and administrative meetings.
A soft phone, short for “software telephone,” is a software-based application that allows users to make voice and video calls over the internet using a computer, or mobile device.
The Webex desktop client provides the ability to use your computer or mobile device as a phone. A GW phone number is required to use a soft phone.
- Live video conferencing
- Screen sharing
- Interactive tools, like a digital whiteboard, file sharing, and real-time messaging
- Sessions can support up to 1,000 attendees
- Record sessions
- Use our Web Conferencing comparison chart for a full list of features.
- Get Started with Cisco Webex
- Webex Troubleshooting
- Show or Hide Automated Closed Captions During a Webex Meeting or Webinar
- How to: Login to Webex Calling (phone services)