Note: GW has implemented a 180-day storage limit for Blackboard Collaborate, Webex, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom cloud recording storage on January 1, 2023. For more information on the transition and ways to back up your recordings, visit our FAQ.
Zoom may be used as a virtual classroom platform, allowing faculty members to conduct online lectures, hold interactive discussions, and facilitate student engagement through features like screen sharing, chat, and breakout rooms.
Zoom may also be used for administrative meetings, virtual office hours, student group collaborations, and guest lectures, providing a versatile and accessible solution for virtual communication and collaboration.
- Video conferencing with high-definition (HD) video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing
- Meeting capacity of 300 web/audio/video attendees
- Up to 49 participants/users shown on screen simultaneously in gallery view
- Breakout rooms
- Ability to record and store recordings
- Use our Web Conferencing comparison chart for a full list of features.
- IT Help articles about Zoom
- Zoom Guide
- Zoom Library of Video Tutorials
- LinkedIn Learning Courses and Videos
- Wage and Affiliate in Zoom Grouper Group with Approval