In an effort to streamline access to the university’s online services, the myGW website and mobile app are undergoing a redesign. The new myGW is designed to provide centralized access to the GW resources that are important to you through a customizable interface.
The new myGW will provide general information to visitors and the public without requiring authentication. Once you’ve logged in with your GW account credentials, you can access essential systems like GWeb and Gmail, as well as personalized resources, all from a single view. Students can use myGW on their desktop or mobile device to access academic resources to track grades, browse courses, and check their account balance. Faculty and staff can use the new myGW to organize and access resources that support their unique workflow.
As part of the personalized experience, myGW will also include enhanced communication channels, allowing you to set up notifications for campus events, receive announcements, and use the directory to connect with the GW community.
- The GW People Directory will have an updated interface, and allow users to connect with others and add more personalized information through their profile.
- The new myGW mobile app will be available for download in mobile app stores, and will replace the existing mobile app. The current GW Mobile app will function until February 5, 2024.
- Enhanced integrations and usability, allow access to resources and data directly in the app.
GW Information Technology (GW IT) in partnership with the Office of Communications and Marketing are currently working with various campus partners to develop the design and functionality of the new myGW. Development is in progress and will continue in phases throughout 2024.
On January 16, 2024, a soft launch of the new myGW will be available at go.gwu.edu/mygw to the GW community. The official cut over for the new myGW will be on February 26, 2024. The new myGW mobile app will be available for download on January 16th in the mobile app stores (iOS and Google Play), replacing the existing mobile app. The current myGW website will be available until the end of the semester.
Will the same tools and resources be available in the new myGW?
Yes. Applications and resources currently linked in myGW will still be accessible through the new myGW. You’ll want to familiarize yourself with the new layout, as some links may have been reorganized.
How will I access myGW after the change?
Access the new myGW on January 16th prior to the official cutover in February 2024 by visiting go.gwu.edu/mygw. Following the official cutover, the new myGW will be accessible via the current URL, my.gwu.edu.
- How will I log in to the new myGW?
The new myGW will be accessible via Single Sign On (SSO). If you’re not already logged into SSO, log in using your UserID followed by @gwu.edu and password.
Resources & Support
Questions & Feedback
- If you have questions or feedback about this change, please share them with us by submitting a Technology Consult and Feedback Digital Workplace form, and a member of the project team will be in contact with you.