- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Scheduled Decommission of Avaya Phone System Extensions
The Division of Information Technology (IT) is finalizing the implementation of the Colonial Connect unified communications service for the GW community.
- Unused Avaya phone system extensions will be shut down on Tuesday, February 28 and Monday, March 6, 2017.
- Avaya phone extensions still in use will be investigated and transitioned as needed from Tuesday, March 7 through Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
- Transition Windstream numbers to Colonial Connect. This may affect incoming calls during the maintenance window of Monday, March 20, 2017 from 9:00pm - 11:59pm and Wednesday, March 22, 2017 from 9:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Remaining Avaya extensions will be shutdown Tuesday, March 21, 2017.
- The Avaya phone system will be decommissioned on March 31, 2017.
Impact to users: The GW community will experience minimal impact. The university has been transitioned to the Colonial Connect unified communication service and no longer relies on the Avaya phone system. However, some Avaya phones may not have been transitioned. These phones will be transitioned to Colonial Connect.
To learn more about Colonial Connect, please visit it.gwu.edu/colonial-conn