GW Information Technology (GW IT) will be performing certificate changes for the EAD domain on Tuesday, July 30, 2019 from 8:30 pm - 9:00 pm.
Impact: Applications or services requiring a certificate to communicate with Enterprise Active Directory (EAD), will need to import the new certificate at 9:00 pm into the application/service keystore. This includes if your application/service connects to the domain using authad.gwu.edu, ead.gwu.edu, or any explicit domain controller.
If you require a certificate and do not import the new one, your application/service will fail to complete the handshake process and access will be denied. Once new certificates are imported, old certificates will no longer be valid.
What do you need to do?
1. Review and verify if your application is on the list OR if your application requires certificates to complete user logins.
2. Ensure you can access the shared link to access the new certificates prior to the cutover time.
3. Plan to have a resource available at the scheduled time to perform the certificate change within your application(s)
4. On the scheduled time, perform the update of the certificates within your application and update the inventory sheet with the tested status.
· Please find the new certificate here: https://drive.google.com/open?
· Report your validation on the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/
· During the migration, the Domain Services team will have an open WebEx to assist in any issues. The WebEx link is: https://gwu.webex.com/meet/
Tue, July 30, 2019
8:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
IT Support Center