- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
The Division of IT Recognition Program is designed to honor the contributions of Division of IT employees and support the mission, vision and values of the George Washington University.
The program recognizes employees for their contributions in initiative, teamwork, leadership and customer service. The recognition program distributes awards at least once a year at all-staff meetings and throughout the year as recommended.
Purpose and Goals
The program was created to propel employees to greater performance and higher achievements, reinforce and reward positive behaviors, reinforce and acknowledge significant employee and team contributions that support the mission and values of the University and the Division of IT, reinforce enthusiasm and commitment of employees, increase employee engagement and provide management tools to recognize ongoing employee dedication to the Division of IT and the university community.
The Division of IT Recognition Program aims to create a positive working environment that recognizes employee value, behavior and contributions in order to enhance engagement, performance and retention, help to communicate the Division of IT's mission and goals and reinforce the values, mission and vision of the George Washington University.
Fall 2012 awardees will be selected by a committee consisting of the following Division of IT staff: Mark Albert, Brian Ensor, Steven Alsobrooks, David Jones and Anna de Lapparent.
Nominations will be accepted for the fall 2012 window have now closed. Awards will be presented at the next all-staff meeting.
View a list of past Recognition Program awardees.
- Customer Service Award: This individual's actions consistently reflect a positive light upon the Division of IT and individual units in the customers' eyes. The recipient brings customer advocacy to almost all activities and puts a strong emphasis on timely, customer-focused communications.
- Initiative Award: This individual is self-motivated, accepts responsibility and work easily, does not avoid work and moves the organization forward through voluntary individual effort and energy.
- Leader By Example Award: This individual's commitment to professionalism and to GW depicts the suite of characteristics that most of us should aspire to exemplify ourselves. This includes consistently enlarging others through actions, striving to improve knowledge levels, dependability, effort and ultimately organizational value through encouragement, sharing, discussion, fair-mindedness and exemplary commitment to quality. The recipient of this award depicts humility, accountability to others, accountability to timelines, responsibility, self-awareness, patience, creativity and self-regulation.
- Teamwork Award: These individuals and/or teams encourage collaboration in order to meet goals, produce a sense of shared responsibility, pull together and approach everything with a spirit of teamwork.
- Penguin Award: This individual exhibits calculated risk taking, understands the value of success through learning and demonstrates a commitment to innovation and moving the university forward.